Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated
Tau Pi Zeta Chapter
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. was founded January 16, 1920, Zeta began as an idea conceived by five coeds at Howard University in Washington D.C.
These five women, also known as our Five Pearls, dared to depart from the traditional coalitions for black women and sought to establish a new organization predicated on the precepts of Scholarship, Service, Sisterly Love and Finer Womanhood. It was the ideal of the Founders that the Sorority would reach college women in all parts of the country who were sorority minded and desired to follow the founding principles of the organization.
Since its inception, the Sorority has chronicled a number of firsts. Zeta Phi Beta was the first Greek-letter organization to charter a chapter in Africa (1948); to form adult and youth auxiliary groups; to centralize its operations in a national headquarters; and to be constitutionally bound to a fraternity, Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Incorporated.
Zeta's national and local programs include endowment of its National Educational Foundation, community outreach services and support of multiple affiliate organizations. Zeta chapters and auxiliary groups have given countless hours of voluntary service to educate the public, assist youth, provide scholarships, support organized charities and promote legislation for social and civic change
For more information, visit our national website: Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. International Website